First off, congratulations to GabrielaV2 for the correct guess of the tricky Who Am I in last week's round 6.
The Sharks have been around for 23 years but have only played 22 seasons in the NHL due to the lockout of 04-05. In that time they have built several high-flying regular season teams that have been unable to ever get into the Stanley Cup finals. The most recent (and probably worst) implosion just came at the hands of the Kings after building a 3-0 series lead. Some of the other memorable choke jobs have been the 2009 loss in the first round to the Anaheim Ducks and blowing a 2-0 series lead against the Oilers in 2006 on a heartbreaking goal in triple OT of game 3 which swung the momentum the Oilers way and it never came back. While I'm busy weeping looking over the Sharks failures you can try your hand at this week's
WHO AM I?
1. I played for 3 NHL teams and appeared in one Stanley Cup final with my 2nd team.
2. I was a 2nd round draft pick.
3. I finished my career in San Jose.
4. I am currently involved in broadcasting.
5. Patrick Marleau lived with me in his rookie season.